Version 8.0 > Song Import Not Working

publican
6/15/2014 1:13:43 PM

The song import tool is not working.  Both the clipboard import and MS Word import tools give the error message "unable to import songs.  reason: duplicates not allowed."  This occurs immediately on clicking the clipboard import icon and after selecting the Word document to be imported.  In no case has there been a chance to title the song being imported.  No song is being displayed in SSP.  Using W8.1 & SSP8.

The same occurred when I tried as a pdf and txt file. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

George
6/16/2014 9:41:27 AM
Todd,

I checked this with the last build and I did not see this issue.  There are a few reasons why this might be occurring so the best course is to contact the support team so that they can see what is going on and explore your system to see what the issue is there. 

agedmediafreak
7/12/2014 9:49:24 PM
Just upgraded to the July 2, 2014 Release, same problem

George
7/22/2014 3:40:17 PM
You need to contact the support team so that they can do a remote and see what is going on.

agedmediafreak
7/22/2014 4:54:02 PM
I did work on this with Support and it was finally determined to be the inclusion of the song part 'Title' in the user defined song parts. With version 8 this song part is added to the import dialog window automatically and thus the user-defined item creates a duplicate. This can be removed by editing the song parts under preferences. The tech support person thought this might be bug that will be changed. Thanks for your input.

emve
3/12/2019 1:09:47 AM
I also encounter problems with the import from clipboard function. I logged it with support and they wanted me to buy further support to look at it, although we have a current subscription.
As an example: I tried to import the following data in the clipboard (Afrikaans text):
Toets

1. Ek sien 'n nuwe hemel kom,
'n aarde nuut en vry.
Die see en al wat skei, verdwyn.
God self kom by ons bly.

I then click on New Song... and then on Import from Clipboard. SSP responds with a message "Unable to import song. Reason: Catastrophic failure".

This occurs on a projection computer as well as on my workstation. It worked in SSP 7 and in SSP 8.0.

Now I have to load field by field using New Song...

Anybody else encountered the same problem? Did you find a solution?

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙