Version 5.5 > click on .ssprog does not start loaded

pwright2
5/8/2006 5:07:55 PM
When we were using SSP 4.5 under Win98 I could double-click on the .ssprog file on the desktop and SSP would start up with that program loaded. 

Now we are using SSP 5.5 under WinXP Home and double-clicking the .ssprog file starts SSP but the program is not loaded.

Heaven knows how v.7 is going to act.

Any idea how to restore this functionality to 5.5?

-----Paul-----

osborn4
5/8/2006 7:02:26 PM
I doesn't work in 7.0 yet, either.

I've been bugging Doug about this for quite a while. But frankly, there have been more important things for him to work on.

But it is on the list. Who knows how far down, however.

dreece
5/9/2006 12:08:36 AM
Ok, so there are two people who actually used that feature.

osborn4
5/9/2006 4:42:04 AM
No. Two who would LIKE to use that feature.

Karen39
5/9/2006 5:02:55 AM
Interesting.  So, do you make a shortcut on the desktop to the SSPROG file?  I have just found it easier to tell people to open the actual program from within SSP. 

pwright2
5/9/2006 5:05:46 AM
I'm sorry guys but this ISN'T a feature that is developed by SSP to be useful for the users. This is a standard function for any Windows program. Yes, the programmer has to implement it but it is no more an optional feature than the 'minimize' button.

-----paul-----

pwright2
5/9/2006 5:09:45 AM
karen,

Yes, that is exactly the way we used to be able to do it. Put a shortcut on the desktop with an appropriate name, tell the operator to double-click the shortcut, and-away-we-go.

Is it that much of a burden? No. It is simply the way that Windows programs are expected to operate.

-----Paul------

osborn4
5/9/2006 6:26:30 AM
Actually, I wanted to be able to tell the operators to go to Start->My Recent Document->TodaysProgram.ssprog

Rick Everingham
5/9/2006 7:01:16 AM
I just did it both ways in V7 FWIW.

osborn4
5/9/2006 7:44:09 AM
I'll have to check once I load the latest build.

I had given up checking.

You are saying that you doubleclicked on an .ssprog file and, after SSP launched, it loaded the .ssprog?

Lee
5/10/2006 6:56:33 AM
Posted By pwright2 on 05/09/2006 5:09 AM
...Put a shortcut on the desktop with an appropriate name, tell the operator to double-click the shortcut, and-away-we-go...
An easier way is to let SSP come up with the last-loaded program, so you don't have to create shortcuts or do anything.

I'll open the program during the week or early Sunday morning, now it's all set. The operator clicks once on the Quick Launch and ... viola!

osborn4
5/10/2006 6:59:44 AM
This might work for us now, but when we had a Friday night vespers service, it wouldn't.

If I finished the SSPROG Friday afternoon, then the vespers team came in and did thier thing Friday night, then the last loaded was the vespers program.

I was very glad when they gave us the option to turn OFF the automatically load the last loaded program. It releived a lot of confusion for us.

Lee
5/10/2006 7:05:10 AM
In that case, the easiest way for them to load the correct program is to use the File > Recent list, certainly easier than drilling down to .../SongShow Plus/Programs (the subject of this thread) and even easier than Open and choosing from a list.

osborn4
5/10/2006 7:07:23 AM
Yes. The recent list inside SSP is what we use.

It's just that the other (double clicking) would be useful as well and a behavior expected from a Windows application.

Lee
5/10/2006 7:14:55 AM
True, but between you and me, let's not pressure R-Technics to spend time with something so trivial and seldom used while we're starving for some other SSB/SSP highly useful enhancements.

Karen39
5/10/2006 9:11:05 AM
Ha, I definitely agree.  I'd rather they learn where SSP is located on the computer anyways and how it opens up just in case something is wrong with the ssprog file. 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙