Version 8.0 > Video playback end point not working

mfalk57
6/16/2014 4:54:27 AM
When I play a video and set an end point with a fade, the video ends at the appropriate time in the Media Control window.  However, the display window continues to play the video without fading and ending.  Win 7 with latest version of 8.0 - MP4 video.

George
6/16/2014 10:07:13 AM
mfalk,

Just to clarify, you are stating that the video neither faded nor ends where selected?

I looked at this and did confirm that the fade out does not seem to be working (for several video types) in the presented output but it did in the Media Control panel.  I have added this for investigation.

I did also find that the fade out works if both fade in and out are selected.  This might be a work around for you.

The end point setting did work for me on all videos tested though - can you check that again?

Thanks.

mfalk57
6/16/2014 10:19:40 AM
Correct...neither the fade nor the end point worked. The end point worked in the media control panel but not in the display panel.

George
6/16/2014 11:24:01 AM
Hmm - that is interesting that the end point was not working at all - perhaps it is a time thing.  I don't know that it would matter but how long is the video that you are playing and what are your start/stop times?

Also - try applying BOTH fade in and out and see if your behavior changes.

Thanks.

mfalk57
6/16/2014 11:37:43 AM
If I select Fade In AND Fade Out then the end point works properly. If I only select Fade Out then the end point does not work. Start point was set at beginning of video. End point was set at 2:48. Total video length is 6:13.

George
6/17/2014 12:16:36 PM
Thanks for the info.

I was using much shorter videos and was cutting a chunk from the middle (endpoint not used) so I will explore this further and see what I can find.

Have you observed this with several videos of multiple types (mp4/wmv etc) or just some in particular?

If you have others that do not do this I may need to get your video(s) to take a look.

The fade issue has already been submitted.

mfalk57
6/18/2014 5:20:17 AM
mpg & avi files appear to work fine.  Both mp4 files I tried do not work properly.

George
6/25/2014 12:23:11 PM
The latest build release fixed the fade issue.

Take a look at this again and see if your end point issue is also resolved.

If not, contact the support team to escalate.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙