Version 5.5 > Stretched DVDs

fathafluff
5/21/2006 8:25:47 PM
When I import a commercila DVD and play it, it generally plays with no problem and fills the screen. But when I play a homemade DVD (various sources) the display shows a band of background at the top and bottom, and the image is stretched. The monitors and projector are all 3x4. I have tried all 4 "placement" dropdown settings. When I play the same DVD through Windows Media or PowerDVD, the image fills the screen and is not distorted. Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions? 

David
5/22/2006 10:05:45 AM
The first thing that comes to mind is that PowerDVD and SongShow Plus do not play well together.  Just having them both on your computer can cause SongShow Plus to have issues.

We suggest WinDVD version 4 or version 6 for DVD support.  Also, when you play it in Media player, if you double click and make it full screen, make sure you don't see the black bars.  Media Player and most DVD players will size their windows apporopriately so you just don't see the bars.  By forcing them to play in full screen mode (as SongShow will do) you may see that they are actually behaving the same way. 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙