Version 8.0 > SSP8 freezes on startup

yehoshua
6/18/2014 1:20:46 PM
Before SSP8 was released, I installed the beta (alongside SSP7), and had a problem where I would open the program, and the loading screen would freeze before loading all the way.

A week ago, I installed the 6/10 release of SSP8, and while it worked then, I'm now having the loading screen freeze on me again. I tried a "reinstall," to no avail. Tried restarting the PC, also. Tried setting to use only one processor.

If I simply hit the X in the upper right corner, the default background flashes on before the program closes.

Windows 7 Pro SP1 32-bit, 3 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz

God bless,
Joshua Kelley

George
6/18/2014 3:53:13 PM
Joshua,

You should contact the support team so that they can take a look and gather some info.

yehoshua
6/19/2014 3:14:28 PM
After spending some time with the support team, we determined it was stuck on SSP not finding my audio hardware. As soon as I turned on our X32 digital mixer, which is my audio interface to the PA via USB, SSP would start up.

So, if you get stuck like this, make sure all your peripherals are on. It's now on their to-fix list.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙