Version 8.0 > Countdown Timer with Slideshow Background

dhull
6/19/2014 11:10:31 AM
For a long time, I've used the SSP Timer to do a 5 minute countdown to service time. For consistency with the rest of the service, I will apply the same video background that I've chosen.  The result is a customized timer that fits in well visually with the rest of the service.

A new need has arisen now and I can't figure out a solution.  Our pastor wants me to make a slideshow of photos taken during the events of the previous week and play it leading up to service time.  At the same time, he doesn't want to lose the countdown, so what I'm looking for is a way to set an SSP looping slideshow as a background for the SSP 5 minute timer.

I've looked at the Improv Overlay, but Timer isn't an option.

dreece
6/19/2014 11:40:10 AM
The Timer feature in SSP won't work as a background in 8.0 (although plans are in the works that will make this possible in the future). If you need a countdown timer as a background, you'll need to use a video countdown file that's encoded as .wmv, .mp4, etc.

George
6/20/2014 8:59:47 AM
Dhull,
An alternate solution would be to create a video slideshow of the images you want to use as the background by putting them in Windows Movie Maker (free download) to create the slideshow and then apply that media file as the background to the SSP timer.

akins
6/22/2014 12:41:16 PM
Easier to use Countdown Creator and be able to put the timer anywhere you want, then use Builder to add text as you like.
(The ultimate solution would be to have SSP make the timer like the built-in videos (Fireworks, etc.).

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙