Version 9.2 > Scripture Slides Assistant

Dawn Samuels
1/11/2022 2:57:32 PM

I just previewed 9.2 build and am very disappointed to see the issues with the Scripture Slides assistant were not addressed - you still have to build the slide from complete scratch (including font, layout, etc) instead of the program using your default Scripture slide properties. IMO, this makes this feature completely worthless due to the time it would take to build the slides.  I am also wondering if SSP has any plans to add more Bible versions?  (Our pastor prefers to use the Berean Study Bible.)

George Taylor
1/17/2022 1:13:46 PM

Hi Dawn,

Just to clarify - the updates in 9.2 regarding Scriptures were to the tools and settings for the Presenter Scriptures Panel for adding scriptures directly to the program.  The previous reference to the Scripture Slides Assistant was a suggestion for a possible work-around to the undesired behavior you were getting regarding order/add and lines per slide.  There were no changes intended to the Scripture Slides Assistant as it is working as intended.

In order to utilize the updates regarding Scripture additions that was implemented, please resume your initial process of adding scriptures directly to the program from the Scripture Panel.  You will notice that the prior behavior that many requested (better control over verses per slide) has been restored as well as adding several additional options right from the Scripture panel.

I will also contact you via email regarding this info and see if you want to discuss these differences further.

Regarding your Bible versions question - I am not aware of the availability of the version you mentioned but we are always reviewing bible translation use statistics for the most popular versions to add.

Thanks!

jdhymer
1/29/2022 8:23:15 PM

Dawn,

You don't need to build each slide from scratch. You can load your saved settings to the Slide Show. In the Slide Show Builder, go to edit themes, then select Load From and you should see your setting files that you can load into the Slide Show. You may have to click on the User Properties Files folder to see them. I have one setting saved for scriptures that is used of Default scriptures in the Program and then just load it into the Slide Show. The settings get applied when you actually add them to the Slide Show. I ignore the settings in the dialog box except for the "Shrink to fit. Ensure consistent size." which I have to uncheck because of the large number of scripture slides we use. Believe me, I am not manually setting each slide every week. Because of the way we use it, I can have over 200 Scripture Slides most weeks.

I have used the Slide Assistant to add scriptures for our pastor's messages for many years.

We only use 1 verse per slide so I can't speak to the other issue of adjusting how many verses are on a slide.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙