Version 8.0 > Display properties missing

osborn4
6/20/2014 6:11:24 PM

When I go to tweak some song display properties on a song in a program (e.g. Song Text Layout), I lose the defaults that I have set up and have to start from scratch.

This is a real pain. I hope I'm just missing something.

George
6/23/2014 1:10:01 PM
Joel,
What defaults are you referring to?

If I understand you correctly, you are expecting the higher levels to be used for the lower level starting point - is that right?

I understand your point if you are trying to only slightly tweak the settings, however what you suggest would also be equally painful for the user that wanted to go a completely different direction with the settings and preferred to start form scratch.

I will double check this but I believe the current behavior is as expected.

osborn4
6/25/2014 9:49:22 AM

That's really too bad. If I want to tweak the song lyric display properties, it completely messes up how I have the title/author/etc and I have to reset "Show on title slide only" and "Show by paragraph"

Really seems like the default starting point should be my default display properties, not yours.

I do not recall this issue in SSP7.

dreece
6/25/2014 11:12:01 AM
I'm trying to understand what you mean by "tweak". What process did you use in version 7 that isn't working as you expect in version 8?

osborn4
6/27/2014 5:29:19 PM
My default song text style has the lyrics top justified with the lyrics panel taking the top 3/4 of the screen. And I have a set up that I like a lot for the title/author/copyright information. And most importantly, I have the lyrics set to be "show page at a time" and the title information to show in title slide only.

Sometimes I like to change the lyrics to center justified and shrinking the lyric box to a specific part of the screen. But when I go to do that, I lose my custom title/author/copyright set up as well as show by page and show title information on the title slide only.

in Version 7, I did this all the time without this annoyance. When I would edit the display properties for the song program object, it would start with the defaults that I had set.

dreece
6/28/2014 12:45:51 PM
Okay, I'll need to look into this a bit more to determine what you're referring to and what the expected behavior should be.

One thing you may want to consider, however, is save out the slide property settings so that you can easily access them for future use. The process for doing this is more integrated and accessible in version 8 compared to the preset mechanism of version 7.

osborn4
6/28/2014 4:06:47 PM
If it helps, I saved my default display properties in 7 and then did a "Load from..." in 8, populating "All Media". There are no settings in "Songs"

osborn4
7/4/2014 4:15:16 PM
I think I figured it out. When I applied my what I wanted for default song display properties, I went to slide properties -> Songs

When I edit the display properties in a song item, it would grab the defaults under Slide Properties -> All media as the starting point.

I didn't realize that Song Text Style and Song Text Layout existed in both All Media and Songs.

dreece
7/7/2014 11:55:12 AM
Yeah, I was concerned that might be a source of confusion and will take steps to help make that process more clear. It's the way it is due to compatibility issues with pre-version 8 Display Properties formats.

osborn4
7/7/2014 12:38:42 PM
The confusing part is why there are song specific properties in the general display properties. I have unchecked the properties under song and loaded my defaults in general and it seems to be working as designed.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙