Version 8.0 > SongSelect import

osborn4
6/20/2014 7:22:00 PM

This is the first time I'm trying a direct SongSelect import in SSP 8. I like the idea and how it flows.

I don't know if it's the particular song I picked or if this is a flaw, but I'm not getting any line breaks. And the bridge is Misc2 with (bridge) on the first line.

The song is The Rock Won't Move CCLI #7005719 if you want to check it out.

osborn4
6/20/2014 7:30:14 PM
OK. The line breaks are there, but they didn't show up on the initial verse order window. I had SSP add the song to the current program, which triggered the Verse order window immediately.

The (bridge) was still the first line of Misc2

George
6/23/2014 12:22:56 PM
Joel,

I looked at both items that you described and it looks like the behavior with the text preview has been around for some time.  I replicated the same thing in Version 7.
If this behavior really bothers you I found that it only seems to happen on verses with no punctuation. if you add a period anywhere and save it, the wrap behavior will return.  You can even go back and delete the period and it will still wrap.

Regarding the song part labels - that is actually the correct behavior. 

If you pull the text file from SongSelect or just look at their preview on their website it shows that the song part is actually Misc 1 and 2 and the labels "Interlude" and "Bridge" are part of the text.

We are just displaying what they send us....

osborn4
6/25/2014 9:46:28 AM
OK. I don't recall this happening before I used the direct import. And I thought the (bridge) was a songselect issue, not yours. I've seen that before.

dreece
6/25/2014 11:18:57 AM
The text preview issue is a problem with how the song is imported. This has been fixed (available in the next update) so that, going forward, songs will import correctly.

Regarding the other issue: The import process used for the SongSelect API is completely different than the web based importer from version 7. We are simply taking what SongSelect gives us. It seems to me that they're the ones that should be responsible for providing correct lyrics information for the service they are providing.

George
6/25/2014 11:39:36 AM
Joel,
Your response is well timed....

I must correct what I said about the preview word wrap issue existing in SongShow Plus 7 as it appears there was a bit more to the issue that I first thought.
I imported the song in SongShow Plus 8 then looked at it in SongShow Plus 7, observed the bad behavior and assumed (you know what happens when you do that - right?) that it was a pre-existing issue.

It turns out that if the song is imported in SongShow Plus 7 then opened in SongShow Plus 8, there is no issue, so it is certainly in SongShow Plus 8.

That said, a correction is underway for that issue.

Regarding the song part labeling - you are correct and as previously stated, this is what SongSelect is sending to us.  I don't know song structure but since they are the leader in this field, I assume (there is that word again) that what they are displaying is "correct" but if not this can be easily be edited during the import process.

dreece
6/26/2014 1:37:59 PM
I have an inquiry into CCLI about the mislabeling of song parts. In the meantime, we'll look into how we can parse the text on our end.

George
7/1/2014 1:00:15 PM
Joel,

An update has been posted for SongShow Plus 8.0 (6/30/2014 build) that addresses this issue. 

osborn4
7/4/2014 3:26:13 PM
I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙