Version 8.0 > Reload Song or Slide Show

HotCha21
6/23/2014 10:04:27 AM
Whenever I make a change to the text of a song or slide show and save it, I then need to right click on the item in the program window and select "Reload" for the changes to appear in the program.  Is this the expected behavior?  Is there a setting to automatically reload an item after saving the song or slide show?

Thank you!
-Chris Todd

George
6/23/2014 1:03:02 PM
Hi Chris and Welcome to the forums...

To answer your second question first - there is no setting to determine if the edits will automatically reload.

Back to your first section - yes the Reload option is specifically for this purpose.  That said, in some cases you may not have to do that...

This is a topic that has been discussed a lot but basically there are times when the edits will automatically update and other times that it will not.  there are lots of factors to this; what is edited, where it is edited, system state, etc.  that will determine if it will update "on the fly" or not.  some people report excellent luck with this, others not so much.

In general, we recommend against editing on the fly when something is presented but do understand that sometimes it happens.

mike
7/13/2014 11:45:26 AM
Upgrading from v7.0 I noticed that this is different behavior too. Further, after selecting 'Reload' I am finding that the changes are not apparent after a reload until you display something else, then come back to the reloaded item.

iamgap
7/13/2014 6:40:46 PM

I experienced this today. In the second service, they played a different song for the offertory. I added a blank song we created for more control over blank slide. I then set a background improv setting that I didn't set up correctly. I then corrected the settings, but SSP would not display the correction. I then had to add a second blank song with the same settings to be able to get it to display what I wanted with the least amount of distractions.

Can we please go back to allowing on the fly changes to take affect immediately?

While I am asking for bringing back features... I know this may require a wishlist, but it is really needed with a single row Media Control panel, which is required to see the next slide. Can the mouse's scroll wheel make the Media Control move right to left? When the MD changes the order of a song in service, it takes way too long to move the mouse up to the scroll bar and move the items to find the part the MD moved to. If the scroll wheel cannot be made to do this, can multi-line be made to show the next slide? Thanks!

edjohnny
7/14/2014 8:51:31 PM
for you media control preferences - Song Media Control - Layout - Select "Single Row".  This will give you the horizontal display of slides...

deandip
7/27/2014 8:39:40 PM
Posted By Michael Leach on 13 Jul 2014 11:45 AM
Upgrading from v7.0 I noticed that this is different behavior too. Further, after selecting 'Reload' I am finding that the changes are not apparent after a reload until you display something else, then come back to the reloaded item.
This is the same behavior I'm experiencing for any lyric changes after the upgrade from v7.

But, when it's a change to display settings like background, text size, or layout, the changes are immediate after hitting apply.

It's confusing that text/lyric changes doesn't take right away after applying, like it used to in v7, and I hope that functionality comes back.

Posted By George Taylor on 23 Jun 2014 01:03 PM 
This is a topic that has been discussed a lot but basically there are times when the edits will automatically update and other times that it will not.  there are lots of factors to this; what is edited, where it is edited, system state, etc.  that will determine if it will update "on the fly" or not.  some people report excellent luck with this, others not so much.
Does this mean that lyric/text changes (that doesn't have to do with appearance) "updates on the fly" for some and not for others? Or could it be that it's appearance changes like size, color, or positioning that "updates on the fly" while text changes does not for everyone?  I'm just wondering because if it's not the same for everyone, then maybe there's something that can be done on our end to fix it?

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙