Version 5.5 > Visualizations

s9am_me
6/1/2006 1:42:29 AM
Hey folks, new SSP user here.  Been playing around with it for about a month now.  Couple of questions...

Where else can I get moving backgrounds like in the visualizations demo?  Those are cool, but I want more subtle ones. 

Where can I also get full motion video backgrounds?  I can probably make some of my own, I also do video editing on the side.

I saw a 5 min countdown at another church... is that possible with SSP?

Thanks!

Rod
6/1/2006 2:22:41 AM
Firstly, welcome aboard..

Visualizations... These are built into SSP.. They are all fully user adjustable... V7 was released yesterday,  it has some new Visualizations.. check it out at www.songshowplus.com

Motion backgrounds,

There are quite a few different company's that make motion backgrounds, and a few that make specific worship motion backgrounds. here a few off the top of my head..
www.worshipfilms.com (also have some great countdowns)
www.radiatefilms.com
www.digitalhotcakes.com
http://www.digitaljuice.com/
www.worshipscapes.com

Theres a few more as well.. if you look around..
Make sure you check out V7..

If you have any other questions ask away..

Rod

osborn4
6/1/2006 4:34:26 AM
Most visualizations have user controls to adjust them, so you should be able to make them more subtle. I use the color gradient a lot, now that I've figured out how to slow it down a bit. And most of them have similiar controls.

Playing around with them is the best way to learn. Also, some of them have presets which can give you an idea of what can be done with them.

s9am_me
6/1/2006 1:20:08 PM
thanks for the welcome! I'll play around with the settings more when I get home. I didn't realize you can adjust them. Also, thanks for those links Rod! Just what I was looking for! This forum is a great resource

Lee
6/2/2006 9:07:52 AM
Posted By s9am_me on 06/01/2006 1:42 AM
...I saw a 5 min countdown at another church... is that possible with SSP?

Thanks!
Yes, Show Database Panel > Show Timer's Panel, and pick the one you want. What used to be called a ProModule needs to be installed. They all work very well, and are fully customizable.

Note during the time the countdown is up, nothing else can be displayed, nor can you temporarily go away from the countdown to show something else and then resume with the countdown.

Lee
6/2/2006 9:21:12 AM
Posted By s9am_me on 06/01/2006 1:42 AM
...Where else can I get moving backgrounds ... but I want more subtle ones...Where can I also get full motion video backgrounds?  I can probably make some of my own, I also do video editing on the side...
If by "subtle" you mean slow-moving abstracts, also check www.suiteimagery.com and their reseller site video.com. If by "subtle" you mean non-panning nature scenes, the ones already mentioned are among the best.

If by "subtle" you are referring not to motion but to duller or less contrast between colors, keep in mind that with V7 you can use any brightly colored background (abstract or scenic files, in addition to visualizations) as mentioned and adjust various parameters to tone them down so that they work well behind lyrics. When you apply the motion background, click on the effects tab and adjust parameters such as opacity, brightness, or whatever.

Making your own with an NLE editor implies you have footage to begin with, either your own, or from www.barnafilms.com, www.digitaljuice.com, etc. I'm told making seamlessly looping ones is a bit tricky, but I gather you know how to handle those problems.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙