Version 9.2 > Control / Clear Synchronized Displays Separately from Main Output

bcaldwell92
2/14/2022 10:30:01 AM

Hello! We finally have upgraded to SongShow Plus 9.2 after purchasing a new computer running Windows 11. We've been able to figure out and make most things work how we're used to, but the one big feature that we're missing is the ability to clear synchronized displays separately from the main output. We typically leave scriptures up longer on our main output than we'd like to online, and we used to be able to clear them separately in 8.5. Is there a way to do that in 9.2? If not, would it be possible to get that feature back in a future build? Thanks!

George Taylor
2/16/2022 2:00:16 PM

Hi Brad.

What you are describing was unintended behavior - it was never supposed to be a "feature" and did cause problems in other areas.  This behavior was prevented in later updates - everything should follow the source display.  It is unlikely that this would be added as a supported feature due to the out of sync behavior that was previously caused.

bcaldwell92
2/16/2022 2:26:07 PM

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply. It's sad to hear that a "feature" we relied on so much was actually not a feature after all, but it certainly could be beneficial to add it, at least as an option--maybe as a different display type than the presets you already have. I can think of many other ways where this option would beneficial, including the ability to only display lyrics on a stage display. I know this is one of the features that the competition has too.

You mentioned it causing out of sync behavior, but I don't believe that's as big of an issue as you claim, since we've never had that issue and all you'd have to do to get back in sync is to fire an item from the main output.

Please consider adding some sort of option, even if it's not default behavior.

Thanks!

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙