Version 5.5 > Display problems

pweaver
6/6/2006 6:59:17 PM
Hello all,

I'm having some problems with our new machine:

1. Text randomly appears as static. The rest of the slide is fine. Emergency solution is to restart ssp. Happens in songs and slide shows.

2. Song lost their photo background, leaving it all white. Not good during a service. A restart helped. Prior to this we left the announcements running between services (about an hour). I stoped doing this as well. Hasn't happened since.

I know the easy answer is the display drivers, but I was wondering if it may be something more. Memory popped into mind. We've got a 256 MB GeForce 7600 GT and 2 GB of DDR2 RAM, and I thought that would be enough.

On the bright side, we've finally got something that allows us to enjoy all the bells and whistles of 5.5 and now 7. woot!

Thanks
Patrick

osborn4
6/6/2006 8:39:32 PM
Did you have those problems with 7.0 or 5.5?

If it was 5.5 only, I'd tell you to turn off your hyperthreading until you upgraded to V7

If you are having these problems in V7, I would contact Tech Support.

Of course, you should make sure to have the latest drivers from nVidia, first.

Rod
6/7/2006 1:26:51 AM
just want to get this right..

Are you running V5.5 or V7 ??

What type of processor?? P4 / AMD, single core / hyperthreading. or duel core???

Rod

pweaver
6/7/2006 5:00:26 AM
V5.5
3.0GHz P4
HT is turned off

There are some new drivers that I have not installed yet (1 version newer). Will do that tonight.

Thanks

pweaver
6/15/2006 4:23:08 PM
I installed the newest drivers andexperienced no problems on Sunday. I was told it locked up before I got there. That always happens  when you're not around. I saw the post on the mpeg codec, so I'm going to install that as well.

Thanks all

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙