Version 5.5 > Catastrophic Failure on import

Fustian
6/19/2006 8:31:16 AM
Hi,

I can't seem to import from the Song Select service.  Every time I press "Download" I get the message "UNABLE TO IMPORT: REASON: CATASTROPHIC FAILURE" 

I am able to copy/paste songs into the database manually and they work.  And the import feature works sometimes (maybe 1 out of 10 tries)

Has anyone ever gotten this message? 

Someone recently installed I-Tunes on the machine (!!!) and it started after that so I was thinking that may be it but I don't know.

TIA!

David
6/19/2006 11:56:09 AM
Song Select appears to have changed their song format and it's causing problems for SSP.  We're aware of it and are looking into it now. 

dreece
6/20/2006 12:26:29 AM
Also, using the IE 7 beta seems to be a culprit as well.

sevenmiles
7/12/2006 8:08:59 PM
Any word on a solution yet? This is a key feature for my church.

Thanks!

Tim

dreece
7/13/2006 12:08:21 AM
A new version of the SongSelect Import utility is in beta at this time and is available to those users who had a current subscription as of last month. This new version, among other things, addresses the IE issue.

srh
7/14/2006 8:38:50 PM
yes

Here is the knowledge base article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823836/en-us

The Update ID is KB916281

You can remove that by going to your command prompt and typing:
%SystemRoot%\$NtUninstall[KB916281]$\

Just be aware that uninstalling it may cause the Operating System to no
longer operate. And if you're running automatic updates it'll reinstall
this update. Future updates may also require this patch to be installed.

Steve

srh
7/14/2006 8:42:17 PM
You cn all so use v7 and download songs save your program, packup and go then load it in v5. I did it and checked w/tech.
Steve

dreece
7/14/2006 11:53:56 PM
Posted By srh on 07/14/2006 8:42 PM
You cn all so use v7 and download songs save your program, packup and go then load it in v5. I did it and checked w/tech.
Steve

This is not something I would recommend doing.

tfccogop
7/23/2006 9:24:24 AM
Where can we find the beta SongSelect Import Utility? We have a current subscription to CCLI and I have looked on the SSP website and can't find it. I can't seem to find a download area on CCLI.

osborn4
7/23/2006 9:32:17 AM
Posted By tfccogop on 07/23/2006 9:24 AM
Where can we find the beta SongSelect Import Utility? We have a current subscription to CCLI and I have looked on the SSP website and can't find it. I can't seem to find a download area on CCLI.
The new version is now out of beta. You can go to the downloads page and download the entire new version, or use the Update menu in SSP to check for new update (if your SSP machine is connected to the internet).

If you go into your SongSelect subscription and pick the song you want, when that song comes up there is a Download button on the top of the screen that will let you download a TXT file.

tfccogop
8/13/2006 9:08:18 AM
Has the import been fixed for 5.5? My computer is too slow to run v 7 which is what it wants to update to when I go to the update. I have already tried v7 and have gone back to version 5.5 until such time as the church can get a machine with a better graphics card. In the meantime, other than copying and pasting into a new song is there any other way to do an import as it stands now?

dreece
8/15/2006 12:02:08 AM
Well, I'm not sure what issues you have had with V7, but it was designed to run on the same level of hardware as V 5.5. Or to better state it, all of the features you used with 5.5 should work just as well with V7 on the same hardware.

tfccogop
8/20/2006 10:27:03 AM
My computer is Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz with an ATI Mobility M6 video with 16 Mb memory. I have 512 Mb of RAM.
My Pastor would like to run the moving backgrounds and when I try to do that it takes 3-4 seconds when I click from verse to chorus on a song. That delay is considerably longer than when I run v 5.5. I can't run the moving backgrounds now because the hardware doesn't support Direct X 9.

osborn4
8/21/2006 6:37:34 AM
The best advice would be to get a new computer to support the advanced video functions. However, depending on what graphic slot you have on your motherboard, you may be able to pick up a good video board in a clearance rack somewhere (check Newegg.com and similiar sites). I guess I'm hoping that you have an AGP slot available. From the age of your machine, however, I would guess it is a 4x AGP, not an 8x, which will bring your performance down.

The only real fix is a computer up to the specs needed for the type of video performance you want.

Check http://www.ssplash.com/Support/SystemRequirements/tabid/346/Default.aspx

And keep in mind that the more you invest in a computer now, the longer it will be before you need to "reinvest" in another machine.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙