Version 5.5 > Playing PowerPoint on projector

fpfcog
6/26/2006 8:08:08 AM
Hi all...

I am new to this so this might have been solved in earlier discussions...

I have version 5.5 and have imported a PowerPoint presentation for our Bible School.  I see it in our list on the slide shows but when I attempt to play it on the projector, it will play on the PC monitor (primary) but will not display on to the projector.  What am I doing wrong or is there some configuration I need to set to allow this? 

Thanks in advance...

osborn4
6/26/2006 8:15:03 AM
Check the display properties in PPT. Open up the .PPT in Powerpoint and select Slide Show -> Set Up Show...

In the multiple monitors box, make sure the Secondary Monitor is selected from that drop down.

fpfcog
6/26/2006 8:20:17 AM

Thanks for the quick reply... What if the multiple monitors selection on the set up is disabled?

osborn4
6/26/2006 8:25:01 AM
That means that PPT isn't seeing that you have multiple monitors available, AFAIK. Which means that WinXP must not be seeing the secondary montor.

However, if SSP is using the secondary monitor, than WinXP must know about it.

Are you using WinXP or Win 2000? We had a similiar problem with Win2000.

fpfcog
6/26/2006 8:27:01 AM
We are using XP... However, I am not at that PC right now.  I will see this evening if that setting is set to secondary or not.  Thanks for your help...

tedgehkf
6/26/2006 3:55:10 PM
Try SSP/Tools/Configure/Powerpoint Support/SSP Control

Travis

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙