Version 5.5 > page-by-page transition

akins
6/29/2006 9:44:36 AM
For some songs, I insert page breaks so that the projected font size isn't too small.  I then select the "page-by-page" option in the song layout section. I usually use a "fade" transition of about 1 sec., which works OK between verses, but I get no fade transition between pages. Is there some way to have the same transition between pages as between verses? Thanks.

Dick

osborn4
6/29/2006 9:49:53 AM
How are you moving from page 1 to page 2? Are you clicking in the program control panel or hitting the + key?

As I understand it, if you click, it won't use the transition, but if you +, it will fade.

But I haven't looked at this for a while.

akins
6/29/2006 2:13:24 PM
I don't think you can mouse click, can you? Only the verse shows up with the "green diamond," so I don't know what one would click on. Anyhow, I use the plus key.

Dick

osborn4
6/29/2006 3:16:50 PM
If you turn on the Program Control Panel (in the view menu), you will get a pane up at the top that has each verse and, to the right of that, pages within verse.

It will show up next to the Cue/Next/Current preview pane, if you have that on.

Rod
6/30/2006 1:13:09 AM

If you use the plus key or the BLUE next button you will get a transition.

If you click on the little black arrows, you wont get the transition..

You also need to check, in "Tools" then "Preferences" then "song transitions" and make sure that you have the option to use transitions when displayiong multipart Verses selected.

Rod

akins
6/30/2006 9:19:25 PM
Eureka! Thanks for the help. I had not noticed that the transition could be set in the Tools menu. Doing that did the trick. I see that only the fade transition can be used when paging and I wonder why it doesn't just follow whatever is set for the verse transition. Obviously, this isn't a real worry -- I don't see myself using curl in or other exotic transitions while the congregation (of mostly older folks) is trying to follow the song words! Maybe that's why fade is the only option other than no transition. Thanks again for the help -- this is a great forum about a great program.

Dick

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙