Version 8.3 > Timers Q & How/where to integrate Planning Center Online with SSP?

fritzman
4/29/2017 6:37:10 PM
Two questions...

1. I understand that this can be done, but have search for both Planning Center Online & Formulate and can't find any references to the how part...

2. Is there a way to create timers that once the time is up, they change color (pref to RED) and show a negative time?  Several of our Pastors have asked as they feel this would be helpful for those who are more long-winded than they... personally, I'd just install the dreaded trapdoor, but hey... gotta be PC and all that.

Appreciate being steered the right direction please...

George
5/1/2017 2:51:58 PM
Bruce,

RE: timer completion triggers - At this time there are not any post timer triggers available.

RE: Planning Center:

First - You must be current for Planning Center Integration to work.
Make sure that your install of SSP is activated as projection and showing as current.

Make sure you have at least one PCO plan that is not in the past available.
Have your Planning Center credentials available.
Open SSP and go to the Program Panel
Click on the File menu and select Import Program From > Planning Center Online.
If you have not set up the PCO account in SSP you will be prompted
Set up access
Click Select Plan
Find your saved plan outline, select and click Edit Plan

From here you can associate content, both local and from your PCO account, with the program.

When complete, click Perform Import and follow steps.

That should get you going - if you run into trouble contact the support team.

yehoshua
7/3/2017 12:45:16 PM
Regarding to your second question: I was just working on a way to make it work.

We only use two "displays" in SSP: main projection (16:9) and stage display (4:3). I resized the stage display to only 70% height (so it's now approx 16:9). Then, I turned on "Display Window 3" in SSP.

I set Display Window 3 to have the top edge at 70% on the same monitor output as the stage display, and only 30% height.

Then, I added a web link to PCO Live in SSP. PCO help pages have instructions for the URL leading to the latest program, and that's what I linked. (Something to the effect of https://services.planningcenteronline.com/service_types/124844/plans/before/today/live with a different number for your "Service Type".)

Then you just have to select display "3" on the Media Files panel (or add it to a Program for display 3), and present it.

I hope this helps! It's a pain, but I think it works.

Josh

iamgap
7/23/2017 6:08:31 AM
Posted By yehoshua on 03 Jul 2017 12:45 PM

Regarding to your second question: I was just working on a way to make it work.

We only use two "displays" in SSP: main projection (16:9) and stage display (4:3). I resized the stage display to only 70% height (so it's now approx 16:9). Then, I turned on "Display Window 3" in SSP.

I set Display Window 3 to have the top edge at 70% on the same monitor output as the stage display, and only 30% height.

Then, I added a web link to PCO Live in SSP. PCO help pages have instructions for the URL leading to the latest program, and that's what I linked. (Something to the effect of https://services.planningcenteronline.com/service_types/124844/plans/before/today/live with a different number for your "Service Type".)

Then you just have to select display "3" on the Media Files panel (or add it to a Program for display 3), and present it.

I hope this helps! It's a pain, but I think it works.

Josh

Genius!!

Since we don't use PCO, I'd have to create some form of locally hosted webpage, but that would be great! I also have never thought of using two SSP "Displays" on one "windows display" output. Now I just need to get a second video card and set up a stage display.

I have never toyed with multiple displays and a program for each display. How do you run them at the same time?

gap

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙