Version 8.0 > Using dual displays

KyleMelson
7/23/2014 5:55:36 PM
When using dual presentation displays, is there a way to change song parts simultaneously. There are times in the service that I need to display video on the platform and songs on the back wall, and there are times when I need both projectors to display songs and switch the parts together. What is the easiest way to do this? This problem comes from the choir needs the songs lyrics on the back screen and we have the video playing on the platform, but sometimes we have lyrics on both screens. Also the pastor does not want to see himself on the back screen but doesn't mind us putting him up on the platform screen that is behind him.

I can use an external video switcher and have one input from the video source and one from the projector, but it is a hard switch. I cannot find an affordable video switcher with a fade from one input to another. Song Show will do it, but when I put a  song on the video display I have to switch the song parts separate. 

Also, is there a way to use shortcut keys for the separate display windows?
Or is there another option I haven't thought of.

Thanks

mike
7/24/2014 7:35:56 AM
What I would do is configure the back wall display as a stage monitor that displays basic, 2 color songs.

I would then add the song that you want to display (to the choir) to the program, set the background to the video you want to display, but also set the font fill to the video (I don't recall the exact settings, but tweak it a little and you will get it, 'transparent' song text may also work). On the front the text will be there, but completely invisible, all you will see is video; on the back, you will have the song in basic text (e.g., white on black) for the choir.

BTW. I have a cheap A/B video switch for the back display (my stage monitor).    I use that so that I can either show the pastor/worship team, exactly what is on the front or the basic B&W for music.   Since it is only for the worship team and pastor, I am not concerned with smooth or faded transitions (it takes a second and is ugly).  I would not use it on the front.  I haven't played with SSP v8.1 yet, I am hopeful that it might eliminate the need for that switch.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙