Version 5.5 > DVD clips freeze momentarily

cskokid
8/4/2006 11:13:37 AM
We have SSP Ver. 5.5 installed along with Win DVD, and the implementation of DVD chapters or clips could not be easier.
However, it seems that every time when I advance to the clip in a program, it will play fine, but at one point during the playback the clip will freeze for about 2-3 seconds and then proceed fine. This is especially troublesome if it is a multimedia file for a choir song. So troublesome that we will not use SSP in that instance, but revert back to a separate DVD player. I would like to be able to use SSP all the time, but am hestitate.

Is this a hardware issue or a known problem with SSP? We have a Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz, with 1 GB of RAM.

osborn4
8/4/2006 12:02:37 PM
I wonder if this is a problem with hyperthreading and V5.5.

You should make sure hyperthreading is turned off, or upgrade to V7. That would be the first thing to check.

cskokid
8/4/2006 12:38:47 PM
Joel...reading some of the other issues on this forum in regards to video problems that seem to stem from hyperthreading, I think you may be correct that this may be the culprit.
I'll throw on my Sherlock Holmes hat and investigate this.

Thanks.

cskokid
9/5/2006 11:01:13 AM
Just FYI....We upgraded to Ver. 7.0 and this past Sunday I used the CPU DVD for the first time since the upgrade. I am happy to report that the DVD played perfectly and did not freeze up at all. It was 9:32 in length as well!
I am hoping that it was because we did the upgrade and wasn't just a fluke.

I know, I know....think positive.

osborn4
9/5/2006 11:32:54 AM
Well, I'm positive that you will be better off on 7.0 than 5.5, whether the DVDs play consistently or not

How's that for positive thinking?

Great news. I hope it keeps up for you.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙