Version 8.0 > Freezing When Selecting a Slide with Background Improv Video

deandip
7/31/2014 6:25:08 PM
I've had freezing problems when trying to display song slides with Background Improv enabled with a default video loaded.

SSP 8 will only freeze when trying to display those songs if there hasn't been a slide presented before (since application start-up) with a non-improv video background.

So if this can be reproduced elsewhere, then to reproduce, just create a slide with background improv enabled, and a video selected for default. Restart SSP 8 and present that new slide immediately afterwards.  Doing so will cause SSP to freeze and not recover on our computer every time.

George
8/6/2014 11:24:11 AM
Interesting Dean,

I was able to replicate this.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I also found that it seems to also depend what type of video is used.  I got this to fail consistently with MPG and H.264 files but it would not fail with WMV files.

What video type are you using for your default?

I have added this and we will take a look.  In the meantime I would suggest setting the default to something other than video.

deandip
8/6/2014 2:31:46 PM
Hi George,

We use MPG file type for our motion backgrounds. I don't know the specifics about the encoding, but they're from motionworship.com, labled as MPG1 for download.

Thanks for taking a look.

George
8/7/2014 9:20:47 AM
I see - so that would track with what I found.  

If you can get or make a WMV file try that and see if it works for you...

deandip
8/7/2014 12:58:46 PM
Just tried with a WMV file and didn't have that freezing problem, so it does appear to be just with certain file types.

deandip
8/20/2014 3:38:18 PM
The 8/13/2014 update did fix this issue for us. Thanks for looking into it and fixing it.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙