Version 8.0 > Italicized text & Align Right causes last letter to be cut off

deandip
7/31/2014 6:38:25 PM
When lyrics/text are set to be aligned right and the text is italicized, then a little bit of the last letter at the far right is cut off, seemingly cut off at the point where it would end if it wasn't italicized.  This seems to be a problem with any font and with any size.

osborn4
8/1/2014 7:25:52 AM
I've seen this as well.

George
8/6/2014 10:46:23 AM
We are aware of this behavior and there is not a KB covering it.  I did observe that it is less obvious with some fonts so you may be able to find a font that works better.  Also it affects the tall letter the most.

dreece
11/4/2014 1:17:19 PM
So a bit more information on this. After further research, it's apparent that the problem occurs with some, but not all fonts. We also found that Microsoft Word has the same problem with the same fonts as well. The solution in Word is for the user to ensure that the right-hand margin is large enough to avoid clipping. I think our solution will be similar to that, which is to add a slide property that lets you specify an inner margin (padding) within a text box to compensate for misbehaving fonts. For now, the workaround is to use only well behaved fonts (that is, ones that don't clip) when you want right-aligned-italic text.

iamgap
11/10/2014 3:38:00 PM

I have experienced something similar to this with bulleted items for quite some time, no matter what FONT is used. I only use 0.1 tab size to avoid most of this, but I will still get it on occasion. I hope this fix will also fix our issue.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙