Version 8.0 > Beveled Edge

boother
8/2/2014 9:44:17 AM
I seem to have a beveled edge on all my slides when I display them.  They are not there in slide show builder. I have looked (I think) all the settings and properties everywhere and cannot find where this is set to display.  Am I overlooking something somewhere?

mike
8/4/2014 8:29:59 AM
SSP has a hierarchical paradigm for assigning settings (like beveled edge) to display items.

There are several global settings that, if not overridden, will be used. On the top menu bar, I forget the name of the menu item, but the drop-down item item is labeled "Display 1." Choose that and check your global settings. In SSP 8, there is an additional Level that did not exist in SSP 7. There is the global level, and then right below that are a series of more specific settings (e.g., for Songs, Scripture, etc.).

Then there are other places where those global settings can be over ridden, for example, on the right side of the items in the program listing, there is a Display Settings where you can, more specifically set the settings for that object, for example:
  • if you edit the song, you can set settings in the song itself that will override the global setting
  • In the program, you can inset a Display Object, that will override settings for the following items in the program
  • On the right side of the program item, is a Display Settings, that overrides everything else.

At first, this hierarchy of setting (that can be set at any one of several places) seems really confusing; but once you get used to it, it is a really powerful feature of SSP. The general rule for figuring out the priority of the settings (which one will actually be displayed) is: the closer the setting is (logically) to the item that you are displaying, the higher priority it is. So, the global settings are the lowest priority, the settings at the right of the program listing are the highest.

boother
8/10/2014 3:56:54 PM
Thanks, Michael for the help. However, I have looked everywhere at the properties. I finally gave up and called in. It turned out that my presenter window was minimized and stretched to the edge so close that it was creeping over onto my display window. When I maximized the presenter window. it fixed the problem.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙