Version 8.3 > Change stage monitor in software?

akins
7/6/2017 8:31:10 AM
Presently we use an AB switch to change our up front monitors from b/w to full color. Is there any reason this couldn't be done in SSP software?

George
7/6/2017 11:20:51 AM
Not sure if I understand the question - how is an A/B switch changing the color of the output?  

As far using SSP to change the current output to Black/White from full color: simply apply the color improv effect to the program and set a custom user setting to gray scale.  When invoked the full color will change to gray scale (or whatever hue you set) and the it will go back when turned off.

NOTE: there is not currently a global "this button over-rides everything" setting so if you do use this it will not over-ride slide properties that are at a lower level (song file properties or slideshow for example).

This may require some massaging of your slide properties but it will work.

Hope that helps.

akins
7/8/2017 8:03:05 AM
Posted By George Taylor on 06 Jul 2017 11:20 AM
Not sure if I understand the question - how is an A/B switch changing the color of the output? 

In one position the projector input is sent to the stage monitors and in the other the stage monitor input is sent. This is so that we can let the people onstage see what is actually projected or just the white-on-black text.

George
7/10/2017 12:27:28 PM
OK I got it - COMPLETELY missed your question.  You color references threw me off.

If I understand now, You have slide properties set for Main projection and different ones set for the Stage Display projection:  You use the A/B to sometimes show the Stage folks the Main projection - the fact that they are different properties (colors) is not really relevant in this case.

What you want is a virtual A/B switchboard inside SSP so that you can, on the fly, select what output goes to which display, even the same output to two different displays at the same time - is that right?

At this time there is nothing like that but I suppose it is possible.  Add it to the Wish List and get it voted up...  Stuff has to get attention and votes on the list to be considered.

akins
7/10/2017 12:44:47 PM
What you want is a virtual A/B switchboard inside SSP so that you can, on the fly, select what output goes to which display, even the same output to two different displays at the same time - is that right?
That's correct. I'll put it in the wish list. Since SSP is already directing output to various monitors/projectors, it doesn't
seem like it would be much of a stretch to direct the projection to the stage monitor.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙