Version 5.5 > Display(Monitor) Swapped

Caleb
12/18/2006 6:32:56 PM
Hey, So I've read around the forums and troubleshot this problem for a couple of days now. So my problem: SSP has the screens(monitors,displays) swapped. The program starts on the projection screen and stays there. The actual projection is displayed on my comp. screen rather than the projector. I've removed the projection and simply plugged in another monitor to make it easier to troubleshoot. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thx in Advance, Caleb Freedom Tabernacle Youth Group

osborn4
12/18/2006 7:38:12 PM
Is it just SSP, or is it all programs? Is your start button and task bar on the secondary screen?

If so, then windows has the secondary monitor as primary. To change that, go to your windows display settings, click on screen 1 and check the box that says "Use this monitor as primary".

If not, then I'm not sure. What I would try is to make sure SSP is not maximized ("restored"), then drag it from one screen to the other. Then you can maximize it again and see what happens.

Caleb
12/18/2006 7:40:59 PM
Yea, that was my initial thought of the problem, but I ruled that out earlier. The problem (I think) is internal, like inside SSP. Everything else seems to work fine. Do you know of any setting inside SSP that would alter the default display, or start up screen?

Caleb
12/18/2006 7:48:50 PM
Another piece of info might assist you. Monitor 2 is my main. Monitor 1 is my projector. Would that affect anything? Is SSP set to default to Monitor 1???

Caleb
12/18/2006 8:22:08 PM
Got my problem fixed. Thanks for helping... I discovered that I had accidentally set SSP monitors incorrectly. Thanks for the attempt...

osborn4
12/19/2006 4:37:47 AM
Great! Glad you got it straightened out.

Landmark
11/1/2009 9:25:21 AM
I have this problem, someone adjusted our settings and as I've never dealt with this I am beyond my scope to fix it

iamgap
11/1/2009 11:02:26 AM

Can you descibe the problem a little more?

Landmark
11/1/2009 4:31:37 PM
what should display in the "office" displays on the projector screens (we have 2) I have figured out how to drag it over to the office display, but what should be on the projector shows in the office and I can't seem to figure out how to switch it.

osborn4
11/1/2009 6:47:31 PM
Go to your display settings for XP, right click desktop, select edit display settings, select last tab (display settings or something like that).

Click on the button that says "Identify" and that should put a large 1 on the primary display and a 2 on the secondary display.

Start up SSP and click Display -> Change Monitor Options and set the 1 and 2 monitors so that they correspond to the 1 and 2 that appeared on the screens with the Identify.

This is the way to do it in SSP 7. I'm can't remember how different SSP 5 is.

iamgap
11/1/2009 6:52:03 PM

I'm still not sure I follow, but if you mean the control panel shows on the projector, and the "Display" shows on the controllers monitor, then you need to go into the Monitor Options to swap the two. This is done from the Display menu, and the Change Monitor Options...

You can also change which monitor is the primary monitor in Windows Display Settings.

osborn4
11/2/2009 9:41:16 AM
Or, if the Windows main screen is on the projector as well, you can just swap the VGA cables on the computer (if they are both VGA).

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙