Version 8.0 > Multi-Display Issues

estministriesmedia
8/6/2014 6:45:33 PM
Okay, so I'm super new to SS8 and I'm having a series of issues that I'm not entirely sure are unrelated. I'll do my best to describe them, but if I need to clarify, just let me know!

So here's my multi-display set up: 

We have the proV3 system with 3 monitors and 1 digital projector. 

the control monitor is connected to the tower directly via VGA. 

one monitor is connected to the tower directly via HDMI. 

the other monitor and digital projector are connected to the tower via a VGA splitter. 

Problem #1 - 

When I set up my multiple displays in SSP's Display Settings, I have to redo it every time I turn on the computer system. I'm not sure if that's a default function of the program, or if there's just something weird going on there. It takes a couple of tries to do it, and I usually have to restart the program before the 'Identify Display' function works correctly to allow me to make the appropriate changes. The system shows 4 separate monitors, but when I use the Identify Display command, it only identifies monitors 1, 2, and 4. Monitor 1 is my control window. Monitor 2 is my Second stage display (the one that defaults B&W). Monitor 4 is both the remaining monitor and Projector. 

Problem #2 - 

Once I get the displays set correctly, or at least functioning the way I need them, I'm experiencing a strange delay to my projector when I present something from the program. Now, oddly enough there is no delay to the other two monitors, including the monitor that also acts as Monitor 4. Sometimes it seems to simply freeze after it responds to whatever I've told it to display, and others it simply delays by at least thirty seconds or so. This happens regardless of what I'm trying to display. Videos, Songs, anything. Same response. 

mike
8/6/2014 7:11:15 PM
First suggestion.. I would never use a VGA splitter, get a VGA 1x2 (1 in 2 out) VGA distribution amplifier.
Keep it on the same power strip as your computer; that way, every time you power up the computer, the software will find the amp (whether or not your projector/display is turned on). This way, windows will not think your hardware has changed and try to rearrange your displays. (the splitter is probably confusing it, it doesn't know if it found a display or projector, with the amp, it doesn't matter, it always finds a generic 1024x768 generic VGA display -- which is really what you want)

Also, make sure all of your monitors are turned on when (or before) you turn on your computer (but if you use a distribution amp, what is behind it, i.e., the projector, can be left turned off  as long as the amp is always on when the PC is powered up).

Here is a link to a very inexpensive VGA distribution amp .
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/944637-REG/startech_st122l_2_port_vga_video_splitter.html

For number 2, it too might go away with the distribution amp.

estministriesmedia
8/10/2014 9:02:34 AM
Ok.

What I currently have is this: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10104&cs_id=1010402&p_id=3570&seq=1&format=2

It says its a splitter amplifier. Is this the same thing you suggested or is it something different?

estministriesmedia
8/17/2014 7:55:38 AM
hey! we got this all set up properly. turns out, we didn't need the splitter. we just had to rearrange the way the monitors and projector were plugged in.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙