Version 5.5 > ssp5 & dual core

bluepennylady
2/25/2007 4:22:42 PM
Hi,

From what I am reading, SSP V5 will not run correctly on a dual core processor?  I am running an ASUS M2NE MOBO with an AMD 64 FX2 dual core Windsor processor.  And it would appear that I need to upgrade from SSP V5 to SSP V7?? 

Judy/blue

twj
2/25/2007 4:25:56 PM
Yeah, go to v7. You'll like it better, too.

Rod
2/25/2007 4:36:35 PM
V5 running with hyper threading or Duel cores can do some funny things...

I can remeber all sorts of things from complete ramdom crashes to just wierd stuff.
Move up to V7 ASAP..

Rod

bluepennylady
2/25/2007 5:11:50 PM

Hi,

well that is what I thought after reading all the boards.  What is so funny is I just built this computer for our church specifically for the SSP and projection.  But I never once saw anything on the dual core processor issue.  In my mind a dual core processor is so much more efficient and makes so much better use of the computer capabilities.

I guess I will be speaking with tech tomorrow and seeing about the V7.  Reading about the V7, it would appear it is much more stable as well??  It looks as if it does a better job releasing memory?

Judy/blue

Lee
3/8/2007 4:52:15 AM

Since you just built this computer specifically for SSP, why would you want to stay with 5.5 anyway? 5.5 is being supported for those whose computers have insufficient graphics capability, processor speed, and memory. I assume your's has sufficient of all three.

Naturally the v7 baseline was 5.5 but a lot of enhancements were added and changes made. I see no reason for anyone to stick with 5.5 except perhaps a few still running with obsolete hardware. My machine is pretty old now, its a single processor, only 1gb memory, and we run v7 just fine. When v7 first came out they say there was a thread error or some bug with dual-processors but that was quickly fixed. They say you should be just fine with it.

bluepennylady
3/8/2007 6:00:31 AM

Lee,

Thank you for the reply.

I wasn't my intention to stay with V5.  I apologize for sounding as if I viewed the dual processor issue as a snaffu as it not.  In my particular situation, I will not be the person running the computer.  I am on the stage as I am the Praise and worship leader.  If something goes wrong, it is a bit challenging for me to get to the computer to fix it.  Which has already happened in the middle of a service.  User error but a problem nonetheless.  It was sort of funny. The panic look on everyone's face. So the song service stopped for a minute, pastor took prayer requests, while the song leader became computer geek again and fixed the user error.  I was just looking for the potential problems associated with dual core processors so I could be prepared.

Judy/blue

MAG600
8/13/2007 7:59:54 PM
So if I understand correctly the dual core issue is corrected in 5.5? Actually I have a Core 2 Duo which is upgrade to the Dual Core.

Thanks, Mike

dreece
8/14/2007 10:57:00 AM
Posted By MAG600 on 08/13/2007 7:59 PM
So if I understand correctly the dual core issue is corrected in 5.5? Actually I have a Core 2 Duo which is upgrade to the Dual Core.

Thanks, Mike
No. Multi-core compatibility was implemented in version 7.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙