Version 5.5 > NOW what (DirectX problem)

rvreese
5/27/2007 11:23:55 AM

For some months now, I've been using some of the Motion Background settings.  I say some, 'cause some of the settings just seem to majorly freak the computer out.   

Now, however I get error messages that say either "Catastrophic Failure" or "No Direct X Present"

But when I run dxdiag, it tells me that Direct X is present and is working just fine.

Comp is a Pentium IV - 3 GHz - NVIDIA Quadro FX 500/600 video card

SO I ask, "Huh?!"

osborn4
5/27/2007 12:21:48 PM
Try to re enable the full graphics mode features (something like that). In version 7, it's under Tools -> Enable full graphics mode. When you reply Yes to the confirmation popup, it will shut SSP down.

When you restart SSP, it will run the test to determine if your hardware and software is sufficient to run full graphics mode. You'll have to respond to a couple of pop up boxes when SSP starts up to confirm this.

Sometimes this gets turned off, particularly if you start SSP right after booting WinXP.

If Full Graphics Mode is already enabled, then the option on the Tools drop down menu will say "Disable Full Graphics Mode"

Remember, all this is for version 7. I'm not remembering how, exactly, this might be different in version 5.5.

Also, I understand that the Quadro is not the best nVidea platform for SSP. The GeForce series is more what SSP is looking for.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand enoughtto exand on the technical reasons for that. I just know that I've heard it several times.

rvreese
6/24/2007 11:26:18 AM
Thanks for the info, Joel.
I was able to get things going again.
Now if I could only find out why Direct X got disabled . . .

10-Q & 10-4
Richard in Oxnard (CA)

osborn4
6/24/2007 5:07:23 PM
We're finding it happening more and more frequently at start up. The sooner you start SSP to Windows XP boot up, the more likely it is to happen.

At least that's been my experience.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙