Version 8.0 > Media Control is blank

ksingletary
8/24/2014 8:39:38 AM
My media control panel is completely blank when I have a song open.  The slides are all there but I cannot see anything.  If I put my mouse cursor over a slide the words show up below the slide.  Not sure how long this has been like this.  Only just noticed it today.  I have tried closing it and reopening it (the media control panel), restarted SSP, restarted my machine, nothing seems to help.  I don't use it that often, I always have it open, but rarely need to look at it.  But today we were doing some new songs and it would have been nice to see each slide in that panel.

afbcMike
8/24/2014 9:23:25 AM
I have the same problem. My post about this is currently just below yours. Glad to know it's not just me. This happened when I installed the 8/19/14 update. Do you have an Alert error specifying an DirectX problem for Display 1?

waregle82
8/24/2014 9:31:44 AM
Same problem. Any solution(s) yet?

ksingletary
8/24/2014 9:32:29 AM
I do not get any error messages, but have not installed the newest update.  I am still on the April build.

ksingletary
8/24/2014 10:26:39 AM
I still have version 7 installed so I opened it and it works fine.  Must be something in Version 8 and not my system.  I should also mention that I put a video in my program and the media control panel showed it as it played.  I does not show background images or motion videos or the lyrics for songs.  It will show the motion backgrounds my themselves, but not when in a song.

ksingletary
9/7/2014 7:57:41 AM
I did see that I am getting the following notice"  "Unable to use DirectX for Display 1. Reason: Internal error occured. SongShow Plus can still run, but some features may be unuseable without DirectX."

ksingletary
9/7/2014 8:51:38 AM
Updated to the 8/19/14 package and that seems to have fixed the problem. Prior to that I did run the Microsoft install for DirectX End-User Runtime Installer for previous versions of Direct X. By itself that did not help. So I don't know if running the update for the 8/19/14 package would have fixed it on its own, or if it was the combination of the two.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙