Version 8.0 > Too Many Display Monitors!?

PastorTim
8/26/2014 5:32:20 PM
New computer with new install of SSP 8 running on Windows 7.

For some reason it shows that I have two display monitors. It should have one presenter window on one of my monitors in the media booth (connected to the PC via HDMI) and one display monitor that goes through a VGA amp/splitter and drives a second monitor in the media booth and the projector at the front of the sanctuary.

How do I get rid of the extra display monitor?

PastorTim
8/27/2014 12:55:08 PM
I've sorted part of this out.

I went to Settings -> Display
Selected the Presenter Window tab and set placement to "Standard Placement (Windows default - recommended)" and set Display Device to "1 - 1600 x 900"
Selected Display Window 1 tab and set placement to "Presenter Window (embedded)" and set Display Device to "1 - 1600 x 900"
Selected Display Window 2 tab and set placement to "Display Device" and set Display Device to "2 - 1600 x 900"

That should keep then displays set correctly.

HOWEVER, on the Program Panel there are two buttons in the top right corner. They are simply labeled 1 and 2. 1 is selected by default when you open Song Show Plus. If you open a program with 1 selected, it will use Display Window 1 to show the program. It will do it behind the presenter window and will not show it on Display Window 2 which is the projector.

I still need to remove the second display monitor.

Help??!!

George
8/27/2014 3:24:02 PM
Hi Tim...

I guess I am a little confused - are you trying to set this up in single monitor mode (Projection display is the Presenter display) or do you actually have two displays?  

Your description would indicate that you have two displays so lets go with that....

The Presenter window does use a display and according to your previous message you are setting up a total of three displays which would explain your problem.

Do this:

From the main tool bar select Settings > Display...
Under number of displays select 1 (This is output displays not physical displays)
Under Presenter Window select Standard Placement (With this set the Display settings are ignored)
Under Display Window 1 select your projection display (probably #2 - Use Identify Displays to be sure).
Select OK to save then restart SongShow Plus.

That should fix your issue.

If this does not resolve the issue contact the support team so that they can take a look.

PastorTim
8/27/2014 3:47:08 PM
Thanks George, that was exactly it. I don't know HOW I've missed the number of displays thing. I've looked at that Displays window a number of times.

Problem resolved.

Explaining it was a nightmare because the computer has two displays, one is tapped off the projector. And the SongShow Plus uses the terms "monitors" and "displays" so it was hard to explain. That's why I thought the forum was the best way. Talking through it with our worship leader this morning was like the Abbot and Costello "Who's on First?" bit!

dreece
8/29/2014 9:30:09 AM
It is my observation that the term "monitor" is not used as much as we think it might be when referring to display outputs. At least when you go to the Windows Screen Resolution control panel, you see the word "displays" rather than "monitors". Our intent is to discontinue the use of the word "monitor" when referring to video outputs and devices and, instead, us the term "display device". If you can point us to any place that you have seen the word "monitor" used when referring to video output or device, please let us know.

SongShow Plus does have a "Display Monitor' window which is embedded in the Control Window and is used to show the user the contents of the actual display window, so it's truly acting as a monitor.

PastorTim
8/29/2014 12:45:49 PM
Doug, it was confusing no matter what!! I think we use "display" and "monitor" interchangeably in most non-technical contexts. Then throw musicians in the mix and "monitor" has another meaning for them.

I appreciate SSP working to clear this up. Now that I know what you're looking for, I'll keep my eyes opened.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙