Version 9.2 > how to mute all displays?

akins
3/12/2023 1:21:15 PM

I want to mute the stage and preview monitors at the same time as the projection screen.

George Taylor
3/14/2023 12:16:52 PM
At this time the Mute function is not linked however if the user displays a blank, black slide it will give the same effect as Mute on all linked displays.

akins
3/16/2023 12:09:03 PM

It won't mute the preview unless there is two blank, black slides in a row.

Not being able to blank all displays is an oversight, I believe -- hopefully it

will be remedied soon.

George Taylor
3/16/2023 12:23:58 PM

Dick,

Regarding the Preview Display - you are correct.  Since that is showing what is next rather than the current content, that behavior would be both accurate and expected. Though if you are coming to the end of your program, Preview would be blank already.

It sounds like what you are really looking for is a different function altogether - like an emergency "blank everything now because something went wrong" button - is that correct?

What specific scenario are you trying to address here?

Keep in mind that there are several possible display configurations and "global" Muting/Clearing displays would be problematic.

akins
3/17/2023 1:25:59 PM

Not "an emergency "blank everything now because something went wrong" button. There are two cases

that come to mind, since they have come up recently: (1) visiting speaker(s) that were somewhat disturbed

by the text on on the stage monitor thinking might be something they needed to see; (2) sowing a video

where we wanted the room darken, but the light from stage monitors illuminated part of the stage. Of course,

we could make arrangements to have multiple black images, or even throw our coats over the monitors ;-), but

simply be able to blank them would have been more sophisticated. If you can selectively mute one display, I would

think you would be able to mute others. It is not a big deal -- just logical from my naive point of view.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙