Version 5.5 > Can't Backup 5.5

MAG600
8/13/2007 7:54:59 PM
I have tried to backup numerous times and receive errors. The first time it would error on song names, about 7 or 8. I looked up those songs and they were duplicates so I deleted one of each song. Then it went through the backup fine, but at the end, just gave a message that do to errors it could not complete. No error number or anything that can identify the error. We have a lot of songs manually entered and do not want to loose them (just got a new PC). Is there a data base file I can copy off the old PC and add to our new PC that will automatically add the songs to the new install?

Thanks, Mike

Rod
8/13/2007 11:21:56 PM
Mike,

Heres a couple of things to check...

Check if there are any "illegal" characters used in the titles or info.. for eg.. */# etc

Try zipping up the database using winzip or similar. you might find it gives you more info re the problem..

See how that goes.

Rod

MAG600
8/14/2007 8:42:49 AM

Is there a way to quickly look for the char. It would be tough to go through hundreds of songs. Which data base are you refering to? Do you go to a certain folder and then zip the file or files that are there?

Thanks, Mike

Rod
8/14/2007 4:30:36 PM
Using winzip or similar is the "quick" way to check for the characters..

What I found was that winzip bought up a specific error message that named the file with the problem..
EG Unable to zip. "Power of your love.doc" illegal character..

You will need to go to the song database on your pc then try to zip the entire contents of the song database.
Hopefully you will then get some specific errors.

Rod

iamgap
8/24/2007 5:14:36 PM

Sorry this is so late, but you can do a Windows file search, use the "A word or phrase in the file" box and type in the illegal characters. I am not sure if you can use the ; as a seperator. If you cannot, you will have to search one at a time.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙