Version 9.2 > Serious memory leak??

akins
3/27/2023 10:04:18 AM

My home workstation (9.2, 2-10-22) is where I develop all my programs and then

transfer them to church. I usually open the previous week's program, delete songs,

scripture, etc. and then add new material for the coming Sunday. I also change most of

the backgrounds (mostly motions). When I start this procedure, SSP is using about 225 Mb

of memory. As I proceed, the amount of memory increases: for example; after 10 min, 325 Mb;

15 min., 573 Mb; 20 min., 743 Mb; 25 min., 1+ Gb and system crash! Reopen program and get

message "Program File Corrupted" and only the first half of the program exists. When I began

re-writing the program, the memory usage started at 550 Mb and in a short period of time

increased to 850 Mb, so I exited and restarted and memory was 650 Mb. After completing the

program (restarting several times to avoid crashes) the memory usage is 250 Mb.  I do not have any

problem with any other software, nor does my computer crash -- ever. SSP is the only problem.

George Taylor
3/28/2023 11:59:24 AM

It is possible.  You should contact the support team for additional analysis. 

akins
8/8/2023 9:20:59 AM

Version 8.5 does not show this problem -- it stays rock solid at about 170Mb during many deletions and insertions of songs, scripture, etc.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙