Version 5.5 > Need ver. 5 Disc for install on new computer

DJRobs
10/30/2007 12:47:50 PM
Hello, we need help!
Our computer crashed and we upgraded to a faster one with a bigger hard drive. The problem we have is that the copy of our Version 5 disc was in our safe, where everything else was kept, and we had a burglary and they stole the WHOLE safe. I talked with Tech support and they told me that if I could find a copy of the disc from someone on the form they would be glad to unlock it for us. They also told me that we should try to upgrade to version 7 for $199.00 but that is not in our church budget to be able to do that. Could anyone out there help us out with a copy of the Version 5 Disc?
Thank you and God bless.

osborn4
10/30/2007 1:25:47 PM
Can you download it from the downloads page here? Scroll down to find the 5.5 downloads.

Of course, I don't think you can get any of the ProModules without a current subscription and that's the same cost as getting 7.0, I believe.

DJRobs
10/30/2007 1:41:38 PM
They do not have that version posted there anymore. Do you have a copy you can post a link to or maby send by snail mail?
Thanks

osborn4
10/30/2007 1:48:48 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you need. I see version 5.5 release 4.0 through 5.3.

I don't have any SSP CDs. Not even the current version that we're on now.

DJRobs
10/30/2007 1:55:27 PM
I'm sorry I was misinformed by the tech I talked to. I'll need to track down our Church ID to access that page.
Thanks I'll see if I can find it.

DJRobs
10/30/2007 2:13:25 PM
It will not let me access the download it says "Current Subscription Needed". The price of the Current Subscription Needed is the price they want for the Version 7 which we can't get right now.
Thanks anyway

osborn4
10/30/2007 2:24:40 PM
Sorry. I didn't realize you needed a current subscription to download old versions.

DJRobs
10/30/2007 2:40:41 PM
That stinks alright. You would think that you would be able to get the Version you paid for to begin with.

osborn4
10/30/2007 2:57:01 PM
Did you list the value of the software on your insurance claim, when the safe was stolen? Or was that too long ago to amend?

Evidently that disk is worth the $495 purchase price of SSP.

DJRobs
10/30/2007 3:19:33 PM
No, unfortunately, it didn't get listed in the claim.  No one remembered it was in there. I tried to amend the claim but it was too late.

DJRobs
10/30/2007 3:31:10 PM

I'm still searching online. Someone has to have one. If anyone else is reading this thread I am in need of a CD of SongShow Plus Version 5.0 Release 4.0 to install on a newer computer for our church, our old one crashed.

Thank you and God bless

Rod
10/30/2007 3:49:01 PM
why dont you renew your subscription and upgrade to version 7....

There has been so much added since v5.

Also as a side note what is the specs on the new PC you are planning to run ssp on??
remember that v5 is not compatable with hyperthreading or dual core...

Rod

osborn4
10/30/2007 4:05:31 PM
Its' not in their current budget.

And I had forgotten about the dual core limitation.

DJRobs
10/30/2007 6:04:49 PM
The newer computer we were blessed with is a used one from the church office, they needed to upgrade due to more demanding applications they are running. It's a eMachines T3090 with a 3800+ Sempron processor 1GB ram DVD CD-RW and 80 GB Hard drive. I will use the video card from the computer that crashed its a Matrox Millennium G450 Dual Head

osborn4
10/30/2007 6:16:18 PM
That's interesting. We're about to get a new projection computer and repurpose the current projection computer into the church office.

DJRobs
10/30/2007 6:20:00 PM
Posted By osborn4 on 10/30/2007 6:16 PM
That's interesting. We're about to get a new projection computer and repurpose the current projection computer into the church office.

You think the specks are ok for the version I'm looking for?

osborn4
10/30/2007 6:30:04 PM
I'm not real familiar with the Sempron processor. But you should be ok for basic stuff.

Matrox is not one of their recommended graphics cards. But I would think you'll be ok for 5.x functionality.

With the things we do with v7, we would bury a machine like that. But you're not used to the RipFX technologies. If you were on 5.0, you might not even be using any motion backgrounds at all, yet (I can't remember when they came in.)

In that case, you'll probably be fine.

DJRobs
10/30/2007 6:39:51 PM
Posted By osborn4 on 10/30/2007 6:30 PM
I'm not real familiar with the Sempron processor. But you should be ok for basic stuff.

Matrox is not one of their recommended graphics cards. But I would think you'll be ok for 5.x functionality.

With the things we do with v7, we would bury a machine like that. But you're not used to the RipFX technologies. If you were on 5.0, you might not even be using any motion backgrounds at all, yet (I can't remember when they came in.)

In that case, you'll probably be fine.

It's a whole lot better than the one we had. Blue Light PC with 366 Celeron 196 MB Ram and 20 GB Hard drive running windows 98SE

ttaylor
8/17/2008 9:09:56 PM
I had a computer problem and had to replace the hard drive. I tried to reload my version 5 disk and the disk is scratched. I too was told to ask on the forum to see if anyone had an old copy of the disk. anyone have one that I can use? THANKS!

osborn4
8/18/2008 6:54:45 AM
If you have the license number that was subscribed when you initially purchased/installed SSP, you should be able to get to the downloads to download the newest version you are entitled to.

You should be able to call GoFishMedia.net at (877)458-6367 with your church information and they should be able to tell you your license code.

I was helping a lady from another church with an expired SSP subscription and that worked for us.

Of course, her subscription had only been expired for about a year or so. That may have something to do with being able to download from the site or not.

UPDATE: I just checked the download page and it only goes back to 5.5 version 4. So if the version you are licensed for is older than that, then you will need to try to find another user that has the install code.

DJRobs
8/19/2008 11:40:47 AM
As you can see I have traveled this road before. If you send me an email with your Church name and address I would be happy to send you a copy of the 5.2 version I received from Brothers that use SSP. djrobs@excite.com

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙