Version 8.4 > Package to go not working correctly

osborn4
9/1/2017 2:54:50 PM

This just started happening in 8.4

When I package to go a program that includes an SSPSS, it does not include images that are in the slide show. This is true of image items and screen background in the slide show.It took

It took a while to figure this out, because some of the images were directly in the SSProg as well as the sspss. If an image happens to be in the ssprog and the sspss, then it does show up.

Yes, the images are in the SSP images directory. I've been doing this for years (decades?). And have been using PTG since 7.0, if not 5.5, so I know what should be coming along in a PTG.

If I have time, I may call in next week to officially report this. But I wanted to give everyone a heads up.

osborn4
9/5/2017 8:30:42 PM
Haven't had time to call in yet.

Has anybody else noticed this behavior?

George
9/6/2017 4:21:00 PM
This has been reported and we are currently investigating...

osborn4
9/7/2017 9:22:44 PM
Great. Saves me a phone call.

Thank you.

George
9/8/2017 11:28:14 AM
UPDATE:

This issue had been replicated.  As noted, it appears to be affecting slideshow media when packaged as part of a program.   I did confirm that other items in the program are packaged, including BG saved in songs.  The PTG of a slideshow itself is also working as expected.

In the meantime the best work around I can suggest is to package the slideshow separately (the new Send To > Package To Go option makes this really easy) to get the files to the destination system in the right location.  Including the SS in the program will preserve that location as well.

osborn4
9/12/2017 7:09:19 AM
Thank you! Looking forward to a fix. My work around is to include all images used in the slide show as items in the program as well. This still leaves my volunteers with only one package to unpack, rather than opening SSB and unpacking one and the going to SSP and unpacking another.

George
9/22/2017 3:03:18 PM
This has been resolved in the build posted today.

osborn4
9/29/2017 3:18:05 PM
Thank you! I just confirmed that this does work again.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙