SongShow Plus Display Settings - Output Window - A Primer
Applicable SongShow Plus Versions:
This article applies to SongShow Plus versions 9.1 and later
* Ensure that you are using the most current build of SongShow Plus from the Download page for the best experience. *
One very useful feature in SongShow Plus is the ability to utilize multiple display outputs (Output Window) for your content. This ability was enhanced further in SongShow Plus 9.1 with the addition of two new Output Windows, Lower Third and Other, bringing the total available outputs to six. All of these Output Windows are available in the Ultra edition which includes Multi Display support. If users have legacy individual display support licenses those should also still apply.
SongShow Plus display settings are used to configure where content is displayed, both externally and internally. Outputs can go to an external display device (monitor/projector/etc) or used within the Presenter window only using the embedded Placement option.
Output Windows Available
- When correctly licenses, there will be up to six Output Windows (numbered 1 to 6) available for use in a variety of configuration. Be aware that Output Window 1 will ALWAYS be for the main projection (Presentation) output.
- Other Output Windows can be enabled and configured as needed.
- Keep in mind that the type of the Output Window can be assigned to any of the remaining five (2 thru 6) Output Windows.
SongShow Plus display settings have the following available Output Window Types:
- Presentation - This is the primary type of output used in SongShow Plus. Each Presentation display enabled is independently controlled and can be used as the Source for the other 5 Output Window types. A separate selector button will appear in the Presenter controls for each Presentation display when more than one is enabled.
- Main Presentation - While it is possible to enable more than one Output Window as the Presentation type (more on that in other articles), there will ALWAYS be a Main Presentation in use and it will ALWAYS be set up as Output Window 1.
When selected from the Purpose menu and enabled, each of the following will be synchronized/mirrored with the output window designated in the display settings Source Window setting, in most cases Output Window 1.
- Stage - When this was initially implemented it did have several limitations but the Stage display can be now fully customized and has similar display features of a Presentation display. This output will be a "mirror" of the Main Presentation OR another selected Presentation output (Source Window setting).
- Preview - This output is uniquely designed to be used to project the next step or item to be presented. This applies to Program contents as well as individually displayed items. This output will be a "mirror" of the Main Presentation OR another selected Presentation output (Source Window setting).
- Environmental Projection - This output is uniquely designed to be used to project the background content only of the selected Source Window to a separate video output to be used for environmental projection.
- Lower Third - This was created to be used for a lower third augmentation, however, there are no Placement presets defined at this time - it will display full screen unless other adjustments are made. This option can be fully customized and has similar display features of a Presentation display. This output will be a "mirror" of the Main Presentation OR another selected Presentation output (Source Window setting).
- Other - This output is a catch-all option that will display full screen unless other adjustments are made. This output can be fully customized and has similar display features of a Presentation display. This output will be a "mirror" of the Main Presentation OR another selected Presentation output (Source Window setting).
Please refer to the User Guide and additional articles that cover in more detail specific use cases of each of the Output Windows.
NOTE: It is important to remember that Slide Properties are available individually to each display type regardless of the configuration/output status. This can be problematic for disparate settings like verse order or text layout build options if conflicting settings are applied. If identical behavior and aesthetics are desired in the synced display(s) as in the Source display, then ensure that no Slide Properties are overridden for the synced display(s). This is most easily done by selecting the global Slide Properties for the synced display, right clicking the Property Groups header and selecting Override None.
NOTE: There are limitations of a few media types regarding synchronization:
- Audio will only "play" in a primary Presentation display. This means any backgrounds or treatments for the audio object will only be applied to the Presentation display. Some synchronized displays will show the audio title as text.
- PowerPoint slideshows will only be displayed in a primary Presentation display. Converting these to SongShow Plus slideshows will allow display on all outputs.
- Web Pages will only be displayed in a primary Presentation display.
- Video Devices will only be displayed in a primary Presentation display.
Training Videos - A video walk-through of this process is available. Locate the video on the training page - Display Settings > Overview of Display settings
Depending on your current subscription level, you can go to the GoFishMedia website training page and log in with the same Customer ID and password that you use to log in to the SongShow Plus site or activate SongShow Plus. Review this article for more details.
If you have any questions regarding the use of or issues with any of the SongShow Plus display settings, please contact the Support Team.