Version 9.2 > Double bible version

markrief
8/31/2022 11:27:43 AM

I just upgraded to 9.2 Build 2/10/2022 to get the fix for editing scripture reverting to the default bible version. The good news is that is fixed, but not the version is shown twice in the reference section. For example:

Luke 1:1 (NRSV) - NRSV

osborn4
9/3/2022 8:35:26 AM

In Default Slide Properties -> Scripture -> Scripture  Text Layout  -> Build Options tab, make sure "show only abbreviation" is checked.

markrief
9/3/2022 11:03:28 AM

Thanks Joel.

"Show only abbreviation" is checked. If I turn it off, the abbreviation to the right of the dash is expanded. I I turn off "Include bible version" then the text right of the dash goes away, and it looks OK. The question is - where does the abbreviation in the parenthesis come from? It was not there in 9.1.

Overall, it's disappointing how many settings were lost going from 9.1 to 9.2. This is why I am reluctant to upgrade unless I really need a fix. 

George Taylor
9/19/2022 10:51:03 AM

Hey guys,

There is currently a bug noted on this.  I have added a KB with the instruction for the workaround similar to what Joel noted above.  This will eliminate the "double abbreviation" but will either have a single abbreviation or the abbreviation and the full name . Unfortunately there is not a workaround option for those that might want to turn it off all together. 

Mark, regarding other settings that were lost - can you please elaborate?  There are a couple of bugs that are waiting correction which might be what you are referring to however there were no settings actually eliminated from SongShow Plus that I am aware of.

markrief
9/19/2022 11:13:47 AM

George, I don't remember all the details. I do remember that I was frustrated with Settings > Display. I still had 9.1 running, so I saved screen shots of the old settings for each output window and matched things up in 9.2.  

George Taylor
9/22/2022 9:52:37 AM

Mark,

Oh I see.  I think you are referring to the settings carrying over from 9.1 to 9.2 during the install.  This is a bug that was documented as well.  Just clarifying that these settings/features were not removed, simply not copied from one version to another.  Frustrating I know, but still available.  Please review KB TS360.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙