Version 9.3 > SongShow Plus 9.3 - Preview Release 02/08/2023
You are checking out the Preview version of SongShow Plus 9.3.
The preview release of SongShow Plus version 9.3 dated 02/08/2023 is now available from the Downloads page on the SongShow Plus site. You must have a current subscription and be logged in to the SongShow Plus site to get this download.
The purpose of the release is to let you have a look at the new features and offer feedback. We are still working through bugs and defects, however, if you are having a problem using a feature, please post a question about it on this forum. If you need assistance with setting up your forum access, review this article.
If you have a question or comment, please start a new thread.
Alongside the SongShow Plus 9.3 Preview build, there is also an update to the SongShow Builder. This is a new web-based tool in development that will allow broader access by staff and better utilize the SongShow Connect subscription. For more information on this exciting development view this forum thread.
9.3 Installation and Activation:
As in the past, the Preview version 9.3 will not overwrite any existing installation but rather install as a separate application. This will allow you to test/review 9.3 on the same machine you currently use and easily compare versions. As far as activating 9.3, simply ensure that you have the current version of 9.2 installed and activated on the same machine you install 9.3 and that your subscription is also current.
As long as these conditions are met, no activation process for the 9.3 preview release is needed and you can go immediately to exploring 9.3 as soon as it is installed.
It is possible that when the preview build is installed that the connection to the media and slide properties is lost. If this occurs, please consult this article.
*NEW* in this release:
SongSelect® by CCLI® API updates
- CCLI changed their API to accommodate Auto Reporting **Breaking change for versions of SSP 9.2 and earlier. Exact date is TBD.**
- The expectation is that when SongSelect turns off the old API that SongSelect will not work in SSP 9.2 and earlier.
- The SongSelect Download File option will still work in SSP 9.2 and earlier.
SongSelect® by CCLI® Search and Import updates
- Changed preview of song text - limited info previewed.
- Full song text and data only available after download.
- Improvements to make multiple, disparate, song search and import in the same session easier.
- Corrected issue regarding SongSelect search results with no author data.
- Corrected issue related to Drive and pre 9.1 PTG uploads.
Included in this release:
SongSelect® by CCLI® API updates
- CCLI changed their API to accommodate Auto Reporting **Breaking change for earlier versions of SSP 9.2 and earlier. **
- Auto Reporting option now available for CCLI
Song Activity Tracking
- Added Activity Tracking Settings
- Schedule to enabling tracking
- Set and select specific days, start times and duration to enable tracking.
- Options for Auto Reporting and Manual tracking
- When Auto Reporting is enabled, reporting is done real-time rather than quarterly.
- Updated Activity Report
- Current Report Period moved to the top of the list.
- Corrected issues regarding adding and presenting content from the Inspector Panel.
- Corrected issue related to overlapping audio playback.
- Corrected issue related to preview of audio track control loss.
- Corrected issue related to Slide Properties - Visibility of word wrap controls.
- Corrected issue related to Slide Properties - Visibility of stroke selection controls.
- Corrected issue related to Slide Properties - Scripture transitions when presented from the Media Panel.
- Corrected issue related to Slide Properties - Text Layout settings not being saved.
- Corrected issue related to Slide Properties - Scripture version displayed incorrectly.
- Corrected issue related to application of bullets in the Text Slides Assistant.
- Corrected issue related to failed Drive uploads for audio files that contain metadata.
- Corrected issue related to Themes - Print Program dialog did not display correctly with dark theme.
- Corrected issue related to Themes - File/Folder rename dialog did not display correctly with dark theme.
- Corrected issue related to background image downloads via Shift Worship or Bing searches.
Thanks again for choosing SongShow Plus